Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pants that finally fit!!

I have been having such a difficult time finding pants that fit me decently and are comfortable. Maternity pants are either too long for me or too big. I was in the strange in between stage where my regular pants barely button up and it was way too uncomfortable to button them up anyways OR maternity pants were a tad too big and fall off me. Well, I must have gotten big enough to fit into maternity pants and oh how comfy they are! It is so nice to have some pants that fit.

It was not an easy find. Some maternity pants are just plain ugly and sag around the butt. I am all about being comfortable but I don't want to look awful. I have always had an issue with pant length so that came as no surprise to me. The surprise was the small maternity sections in stores, which provided limited selection for a petite person. I am only 5' 1-1/2" tall and that 1/2" is very important to me (I think my driver's license says I'm 5' 2", shhhh!). So I was limited to shop online, which is not a problem, but I like to try clothes on before I buy them. So I ordered online from The Gap, Old Navy, and JCPenny, all which have short/petite length maternity pants. After ordering about 15 pairs of pants and several returns by mail and exchanges, I finally have a couple of pair of pants that I can live with for now. I hate to buy a ton of maternity clothes since I will only be in them for another 6 months, but I needed something to wear for work. Through my whole pregnancy so far, buying maternity pants has been my biggest obstacle. Who would have thought?

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Jennifer. I went to high school with Robyn and came across your blog from hers...

    I just recently had to go through the whole maternity clothes thing and I wanted to recommend the Bella Band. I'm not sure if you've heard of it but I loved mine. It made my regular jeans last a bit longer by being able to wear them unbuttoned... the bella band helps hold them up! :o)

    I just thought I would share some friendly pregnancy advice! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sher,
    I second the belly band. I bought some off of eBay; and LOVED LOVED them. I can honestly say they saved me so much $$. Let me know if you want the name of the vendor I bought mine from. She was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the bella band recs. I do have one but my regular pants are not fitting either. I have a few pair of jeans that do well with the bella band, but it is time to move on.

    ReplyDelete