Today I went to get my flu shot. The flu shot is safe for pregnant woman and in fact is recommended by medical professionals for pregnant women. It is supposed to be safe at all stages of pregnancy. I, however, still wanted to wait until I was safely into my 2nd trimester just to be on the safe side.Since pregnancy can affect your immune system, pregnant women are prone to getting the flu and developing complications from the flu. I do not want to take that risk. I usually get the flu shot and last year, Mr. Bear had the flu and the flu shot kept me from getting the flu from him. So I was quite thankful for that.
I got a flu shot during my first trimester. No flu yet for me!
ReplyDeleteI have never had a flu shot. :( I'm a weenie and always get worried about adverse reactions. I suppose one of these years I should get it, I'm sure I'd be a lot better off.
ReplyDeleteI never get a flu shot. None of us do actually and we have managed to always avoid getting super sick so I'm grateful for that. My grandmother faithfully got the flu shot every year and faithfully got the flu, so, it put me off. LOL There are actually some really good books out there on vaccinations and the like though.
ReplyDelete