
The colors were perfect with what I wanted. The monkey theme is really cute but I decided that I wasn't into a monkey themed nursery. Even though Baby Bear is a girl, I just do not want a pink and frilly nursery, that just doesn't appeal to me. I still want to use brown and sage green (my plan is to paint the walls a mocha color). Looking around online and in stores, I hadn't found a crib bedding set that I really loved. They all seemed so pricey and all the girl crib sets were all pink. So I decided to do my own mix and matching. I found this crib skirt at Target:

I really like the polka dots, it is neutral yet adds a little bit of femininity. You would think that my first purchase for Baby Bear would either be clothes or something more practical. Instead, I bought her a crib skirt. A little odd, but I am not registered at Target and this crib skirt was on sale (along with a matching bumper. But I am debating on whether I will use a bumper or not. I will get into that in another post, as I do more research on the controversy of bumpers).
I registered for sheets that are sage green and brown (along with the matching blanket):

My plan is to go for a similar look to this:

I wasn't too keen on the inclusion of yellow in this particular crib bedding set, which is why I went with the other sheets. I know I am a little picky, but I hope that it will work out when you put it all together. If not, I will get some plain sage green sheets. I really like the traditional look of the brown and white polka dots coupled with the modern looking dots. I hope it works.
I also have an art project that I am starting for the walls that will incorporate the colors. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment