Yes, it is Valentine's Day but more importantly today is the day of Viability for Baby Bear! A fetus is viable when critical organs, such as the lungs and kidneys, are developed enough to function either with or without medical attention. It is around week 24 when a fetus could be born and survive with proper care. Although I can't wait to meet Baby Bear, I would really like to keep her in my oven for the 16 weeks I have left. It is nice to know that she is now viable but we don't want her to make too early an appearance.Baby Bear is gaining weight steadily and most that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. By now, her beautiful face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Isn't that awesome!! Her brain is also growing quickly now, and taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she come into the outside world.
No comments:
Post a Comment