Saturday, February 21, 2009

I hate buying maternity clothes

I had to break down and buy some maternity clothes. I have several work events coming up in the next few weeks and I need to look professional. I had to buy some clothes that actually fit since there is no way I could fit into my pre-pregnancy suits. Fortunately, The Gap and Target has some decent clothes I can get away with looking professional in. Unfortunately, they do not have a lot of selection in their stores; so I have to order everything online (at least The Gap has a good return policy and it is free to ship return and I can return items from Target in the store). I ordered a bunch of clothes and because I can be so picky and I ended up returning the majority of them. I did get a couple of nice slacks and a nice skirt that look nice for work and several tops that will do. Thank goodness for online coupons, I always search for online coupon codes so that I can get free shipping and save some money, plus I always use ebates.com and always get a little bit back as well. Every little bit helps.

I got this skirt from Target in grey on clearance. Paired with a nice blouse and heels, I think it will be enough to get me through our upcoming board meeting.



I just hate the idea of buying clothes that I will only wear for a few months. On the other hand, maternity clothes are so much more comfortable with my baby bump. Regular clothes are just not fitting anymore. Oh bother.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way during the first pregnancy. And yes, you have to go on-line. Kohls is actually pretty good too. They don't expect pregnant people to actually buy clothes often enough I guess. The good thing? I save everything and didn't buy any clothes this pregnancy. I had enough from my previous pregnancies to get through.

    ReplyDelete