Yikes, I gained 7 lbs since my last prenatal appointment 4 weeks ago!!! Granted I only gained 1 lb from December to January, so on average I have gained 8 lbs which is on the right track according to my OB. Since I didn't gain so much early in my pregnancy, I guess I have caught up. I do have to watch it since it is now that I will continue to gain more weight. He was not worried at all about my weight gain, I think I was more shocked about gaining so much in such a short period of time. I need to be a little more cognizant of what I am putting in my mouth. Being pregnant is not an excuse to eat junk food all the time. I am still exercising but I have begun to feel myself slow down. I will post a belly bump picture soon (Papa Bear has our camera hostage in his truck and so I will have to get him to bring it into the house).
Otherwise, all is well. Baby Bear was moving a lot and had a strong heart beat of 159 bpm. The OB look at my AFP test results and there is nothing to worry about. He measured me and all looks good. All in all, Baby Bear is growing to be a very healthy baby girl!! Yay, for a good appointment.
I asked about some pains and cramps that I have been experiencing and all are normal. I asked about a tightening of my stomach and apparently those are Braxton Hicks contractions, which are also normal. Good to know!! Before my next appointment in 4 weeks, I will have to get my glucose test to test for diabetes. Hopefully, that will go well too.
I'm so glad to hear that all is well with you little baby bear :) Post a pic of your baby bump soon please!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear she is healthy and strong!
ReplyDeleteHATE glucose testing. LOL So sorry! Glad everything is moving along. I've always had tons of Braxton Hicks and lots of aching. Each pregnancy there are a bit more. Enjoy the first movements though! they are so much fun. :)
ReplyDelete