Thursday, June 25, 2009

Babywearing

I have been starting to wear Baby Bear the last couple of weeks. She seems to like it and always falls asleep while I wear her. In general, Baby Bear only falls asleep if Papa Bear or I hold her. She doesn't really like to sleep in her bassinet for very long at all. So wearing her during the day is great and helps me to have my hands free while still keeping her close to me.





There are a lot of benefits to wearing your baby. It is great for their development, babies cry less, and it promotes bonding. It keeps your baby close to you. So far so good. I am currently using the Moby wrap to wear Baby Bear, I also have a Baby Bjorn from a friend that I have not tried yet. So far, I really like the Moby. It is a lot of fabric and not the most convenient to put on while in public. I have not tried to wear Baby Bear in public yet; but I do hope to give it a shot. I am sure it will be easier than having to lug around a carseat and stroller all the time. The carseat can be heavy, so I hope that I can brave it and try it in public eventually. For now, practicing at home is going really well.

I also bought a Baby K'tan, which is similar to the Moby with all the fabric but does not have to be wrapped. It looked really easy to use and because ti doesn't require being wrapped, I thought it might be easier for public use. It didn't fit me and Baby Bear too well. It is sized and the small size seemed too big for me, so I am going to return it. For now, we will stick with the Moby. There are so many different ones out there and it is hard to know what will work best for us. I would like to give others a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment