In our child birth class we learned about the signs of labor using the mnemonic:
When Does Mom Give Birth
W = Water breaks
D = Diarrhea
M = Menstrual like cramps
G = General feeling of differentness
B = Back pain
Well, today I have experienced two of these signs: diarrhea (I know TMI!) and back pain. I have been having back pains on and off all day along with some contractions but nothing too strong or timeable. I have also loss my mucous plug, which is another sign that we are getting close. I know there is no clear way to tell when labor is coming and these signs could mean days but the signs are there. With 4 days left til D-day at least there are some signs there.
I've been going about my day, I went and got a pedicure and manicure. Since I can't reach my toes without my belly getting in the way it was nice to get my toes done. My pregnancy carpal tunnel make it hard to give myself a manicure and I really needed one. I figured I better do it now because if I do go into labor later today, I have no clue when I will have a change to get one next. I am so glad that I did, I have pretty nails and toes now!
I have been able to get things done around the house, so I must not be in labor yet. I am just worried that I won't know that I am in labor until it is too late. Yikes!! The reality that we are really close is really setting in. So many emotions are running through me: excitement, fear, anxiety, impatience, concern, happiness!! We are getting closer to meeting our Baby Bear face to face!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment