We had our first child birth class last night. Our Lamaze classes are a series of 5 classes. It seems like a lot but so far I felt that the first class was a very informative and the dynamics of the people in the class is pretty fun. A lot of the dads are pretty funny. The instructor is really good and uses examples and visual aids as she instructs, which I find very helpful. You would think that I would have read up on all this stuff by now, but work and life has been so busy leaving me little time for reading. So I think that this series of 5 classes will be very useful to me. I also think it will be very helpful for Papa Bear as well. It is better than me trying to tell him about everything I have read.
So now I have a good understanding of EDS (effacement, dilation, and station) as does Papa Bear, so now when we are at the hospital we will know what the medical professionals are actually telling us.
Papa Bear actually happened to know another couple in the class and he went to high school with the instructor. Papa Bear just always seems to know everyone. It was an interesting group, some comedians and one dad almost fainted in class. It definitely was not a boring class by any means.
The last half of the class we started to work on our breathing. We got down on the floor and learned some breathing techniques to breathe through the contractions. The dads got down on the ground and the moms leaned on the dads for support and coached us as we breathed. Papa Bear asked if during the labor he was supposed to get into the bed with me to help me breathe. It was a pretty funny question, but a good one. He then understood that we was serving as my bed for the purposes of the class. All in all an informative and fun class. I don't think it will be so bad.
I think the classes will help us to know what to expect when the time comes, hopefully the tools that we learn in class we will be able to apply when the time comes. At least, I feel a little better knowing that we will have some preparation. I am a little nervous for labor and delivery, so I hope that by educating ourselves can help me to feel a little more calm about the whole labor and delivery. I believe in being prepared and having knowledge so I really hope this will help me in this respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment