Last night, Papa Bear and I made an unexpected visit to Labor and Delivery. I had been having some contractions that were coming every 10-12 minutes and they were really hard to breathe through. I would have 6 an hour. I called my doctor and he told me to drink water and rest on my left side and if it didn't stop to go to the hospital. So I followed his orders and it didn't stop so Papa Bear and I made our way to the hospital. The hospital is 2 minutes from our house, it is just a block away.
We got there and fortunately we had already been on the hospital tour so we knew where to go and I had my registration papers already filled out. They put me in a room and hooked me up to a couple of monitors to monitor Baby Bear's heart beat and my contractions. The nurse checked my cervix and it was closed, so that was good. She ran a test and gave me a shot to stop the contractions. I can't remember what the test was, but it came out negative, which meant I was not at risk for pre-term labor. So that that was more good news. After we received those test results, I was sent home.
Papa Bear was great and asked many questions. It turns out that this is pretty normal and that it is my uterus toning and getting ready for the big day. The nurse gave me some signs to look out for. So it was a little nerve racking especially since it is too early for Baby Bear to make her appearance. Hopefully we won't be back at the hospital for another 8 weeks or so.
How scary! I'm glad everything is okay.
ReplyDeleteThat is scary! Glad everything turned out ok.
ReplyDeleteoh boy!!! glad she is baking for a bit longer. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad everything turned out OK!
ReplyDeleteYou're getting close! :)