We had our ultrasound and check up yesterday. Baby Bear is still a girl and she is growing and developing on the mark with all the averages and statistics. She is at the 54th percentile for weight, meaning that she is just 4% above the average weight. She is a 3lb. baby (just under 4 lbs) right now and they estimate that if we go to 40 weeks she will be about 8lbs. I guess from here on out they gain about half a pound a week and I have 7 weeks to go. Wow!! Her head circumference is right on track and all looks good. Unfortunately, she was too shy to get a good 3-D picture. She had her arm in front of her face. That's okay because we got to see parts of her face, her little fingers, and little toes. She is all scrunched up in there with her toes close to her face. We also saw that she has hair!! Baby Bear will be born with a head of hair. Baby Bear is head down, but I guess that there is still the possibility that she can move and flip, but hopefully she won't.
My doctor also did an internal exam since I had some contractions a few weeks before and went into labor and delivery. My cervix is closed and the ultrasound showed no risk of pre-term labor. That was good news especially after our little scare. I still have the braxton hicks contractions but it all very normal. My dr. raised the idea of medications to manage the contractions but since the contractions are not painful, we opted against it. She would rather that I not take them but wanted to talk to me about the option. I prefered not to unless it was necessary. I was glad we were in agreement, it was a very good appointment.
Funny thing: Papa Bear came with me for the ultrasound part. He then came in with me for the dr. part then found out I was going to have an internal exam and looked at me and asked, "why am I here for that? What are you doing to me?" So I asked him if her had any questions for the dr. and told him to go out in the waiting room, which he gladly and quickly did. He just wasn't prepared for that. In the hospital, he was in the room when I had an internal exam and he was little uncomfortable about the whole thing, so if he didn't have to be there he didn't really want to. I usually don't have an internal exam so I did not know but the dr. wanted to make sure that the contractions that I have been feeling were not actually progressing to anything and they weren't. I was laughing at him as he quickly fled the room, the look on his face was just priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment