Saturday, May 30, 2009

Car Seat Inspection and Blessings

39 weeks today! One more week or so!! I've gotten a lot done while on maternity leave and I love having time off and time to myself. Soon I will be very busy and tired caring for Baby Bear.

Yesterday, I finally had the infant car seat inspected by the CHP. Yes, I kind of procrastinated on that one. I am usually a planner and not a procrastinator, so I don't know why I waited so long. Maybe because I really want Baby Bear to be a June baby so I waited until the last possible day in May for the seat to be inspected. I highly recommend getting your car seat inspected. I read the instruction and it is easy to install and thought I had done so securely. I had installed the car seat in the middle of the back seat of our Chevy Suburban. The officer moved the car seat from the middle to behind the driver's seat. I guess the seat belt in the middle does not lock adequately for the car seat to be secure. I was very glad that I got it inspected and learned how to make sure that the base is in very secure and how to make sure that Baby Bear is in her seat secure.

We were also fortunate to get a glider yesterday too. Our wonderful friends gave us their glider and some other baby gear (swing and bouncer) they no longer needed. The glider is awesome and we are so thankful for their generosity. I love the glider! We had received a swing and bouncer at one of our showers, but we will return them and use the store credit for other things we will need a long the way. We have been so lucky, we received a lot of our baby gear needs. We received generous gifts and gift cards at our showers and wonderful hand me downs from great friends. On top of that, all that we received from the Ellen Show was icing on the cake. We just have the most wonderful parents and friends. We are so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment