Last night was the last night of our prepared childbirth classes. We had a total of 5 classes. All in all I think that they were very good classes and I think the instructor did a good job in helping to give us an idea of what to expect. I think they prepared us for childbirth; to the extent that one can be prepared. I am glad that we took the classes. We could have read the information in books or on the internet, but in all honesty I don't think Papa Bear would have read a book on child birth. I had read about labor and delivery in my pregnancy books and on the internet, but it was nice to have it reiterated and explained in easy to understand terms. The instructor often used visual aids and analogies, which was really helpful. I know that Papa Bear came out of it knowing more than he came into it.
I think we learned a lot and hopefully we are able to use most of it when the time comes. I really hope most of the breathing techniques and laboring positions will help. At last night's class we did a review in the end and came out with a cheat sheet. Papa Bear made sure that I packed that in my hospital bag right away so that we would have it just in case we needed it. It was a fun class and Papa Bear actually knew some of the people in the class through acquaintances or from high school. I guess that is what happens when you live in the same town most of your life.
So now we have graduated from our prepared childbirth class. That means we are ready to have a baby. I guess that means we are really going to have a baby at some point and there is no turning back now. Wow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment