Monday, May 11, 2009

Gym, goodbye for now

It has come time for my gym going days to come to a temporary end. I am pretty proud of myself for making it to 36 weeks. I do not plan to stop exercising, but I don't think I can continue to take the step classes and strength training classes that I had been doing. I have modified and lowered the intensity of my workout in the classes to fit the needs of my growing belly and body but even with my modifications, I am now feeling more and more uncomfortable and having a difficult time keeping up with the classes. I think with 4 weeks left to go it is time to look to other less strenuous forms of exercise. I plan to continue to go for walks, lift light weights, and do yoga. So I will continue to get some exercise in, but I definitely need to listen to my body and say goodbye to the gym for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment