Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All the parents are in the know

Monday night, we went to tell Mr. Bear's mom and step-dad. We brought up our new van for them to check out. It is nice to have some other news to share so they aren't so suspicious by our visit. While they were looking at our new van, Mr. Bear told them. They were very excited and even busted out some champagne (sparkling apple cider for me). It was nice to see the big smile on his mom's face.

Last night, we told Mr. Bear's dad. I happened to get a pregnancy book that I had ordered in the mail. I was opening the box and asked him if he wanted to see the book I got. I handed it over to him and he looked at it and looked at me and asked me if I was pregnant. He was a little shocked and had to sit down. He was pretty excited about it and in fact teared up a little. That was really sweet.

So now all the parents know. It felt good to tell them. In about 6 weeks we'll let more people know. For now I am trying to keep a tight lip about it. Although I just found out that Mr. Bear told his best friend the other night we went out. I am not surprised that he told him, he was one of the first to know when they were pregnant. Plus, I know that Mr. Bear is just pretty excited about it. Now I really want to tell one of my dearest best friends. I want to tell her in person, but the next time I see her will be at a kid's birthday party with all our friends. So I don't know that that would be the best time. I may just break down and call her. We'll see how long I can hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment