Thursday, October 2, 2008

Filled with great news all around

I just found out that a long time friend (actually my childhood neighbor who I coincidentally found on an online message board for wedding planning recently) is pregnant. I am sooooo happy for her. She is very early, like me, but she has shared this info on the online message board that we both frequent. She had some difficulties and went through IVF. What wonderful news!! I wish I could share with her and the other girls on the board my good news. But I must wait, it is not time yet.

More good news, I was offered a new position at work today!! There was a possibility that my current position would be eliminated or downsized due to budgetary concerns. My boss and my former boss were trying to find some solutions to keep me by restructuring my position so that my pay came from different departments. Well, this new position came to my attention on Tuesday, just 2 days ago. I received a call and they specifically thought of me for the position and wanted to see if I was interested. It is actually a better fit for me and a great new challenge. So of course I was interested. Today, I got the call that I was approved for the position and that I will probably start next month. For the rest of the academic years, I will work 50/50 in the new position and in my current position to allow for a smooth transition and to complete the commitments I began in my current position.

I am so utterly excited. This is such wonderful news and this new position provides a lot more job security for me, which I really need since Baby Bear is on its way. Of course, they don't know I am pregnant, but I am pretty sure I can work something out to make this all work. Beside I cannot be discriminated against due to pregnancy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment