I am so excited and happy for her! She just told me at lunch. She thinks that she is about 9 weeks, but she may be a little closer to me. She just found out recently and will have her appointment to confirm how far along she is. She has slowly been telling people on campus because of her past history. Her first child is an absolutely beautiful boy who has special needs. Her second son was born too early and is now an angel in heaven. So with the risks she has faced in the past, she is letting people know a little early in case she may have to go on bed rest.
When she told me I was sooooo utterly happy for her. I ended up telling her that I was also pregnant. I am so glad that we will share this time together. I hadn't planned to tell anyone at work until after Thanksgiving, when I knew I had past the first trimester and made it through my first month in my new position. But I felt so honored by her sharing her special news with me, that I wanted to reciprocate and share my news as well. I know she will be discrete and keep my secret. This is such an exciting time. It will be nice to have someone to corroborate with in this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment