Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hiding it from the friends

We will tell our parents very soon, but we are not quite ready to let friends and extended family know quite yet. Saturday night, we went to dinner with some friends to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was fun to go out and have a good time, but it sure was hard not to drink. Everyone kept asking me if I wanted a drink. Fortunately, I am not a big drinker so I don't think anyone was suspicious.

I did do my best to pretend, I held onto a glass of wine and claimed not to like the wine and gave the rest to Mr. Bear. I had a fake cranberry and vodka (vodka replaced with sprite). Later in the night I claimed that my stomach was hurting (I was a little nauseous anyways) and so that gave me an excuse not to drink.

At the beginning of the evening people were asking us about kids and when we would start having kids. All I could say was, "we'll see what happens" or "when it happens it happens." Mr. Bear simply avoided the question and didn't say a thing. I think everyone will be really happy when they find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment